perinatal physiotherapy includes counseling and support for women during pregnancy (prenatal) and after childbirth (postnatal).
The prenatal sessions can be started from week 30. These include:
- awareness of pelvic floor and body changes during pregnancy
- posture and movement advice / core stability
- breathing and relaxation exercises
- preparation for labor and delivery (explanation of the course of childbirth, working postures, pressing technique, etc.)
The postnatal sessions can be started from 4-6 weeks after delivery. These include:
- pelvic floor re-education
- strengthening abdominal, back and glutes, core stability training, posture correction and advice on lifting and lifting
- build-up of sports resumption
- scar treatment after caesarean section
The treatment is individually tailored and moms can bring their baby to the session.